Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Surprise! It's An Anniversary Party!

This weekend my big sissy, little brobro and I launched the mack daddy surprise of all surprise parties on my parents for their….gasp, 30th anniversary. It’s super strange to think that, at my ripe ol’age of 24, my parents had already been married for 4 years, successfully opened their own business, were preparing for their first child and had already bought the big beautiful house that they live in today.

I know right…talk about inadequacy central. I am still trying to figure out how to balance my online bank account and am nowhere near mature enough to have accomplished all they had by now.

In an effort to show my parents how blessed we feel to have them in our lives, the sibs and I gathered 80 of their closest family and friends on a rainy Sunday (let’s just say I was waffling between complete and utter hysterical blubbering and maniacal laughter all morning, trying to figure out where we were going to put 80 people if the hail didn’t stop. It did. My sanity remains intact.) and literally celebrated the day away.

My parents were blown away when they came home from their little excursion, expecting to find a special ‘little’ meal for just the 5 of us.
We felt so proud to finally be able to show the two people we care about most in life, how much we truly love them.

The stress of 2 months of crafting almost every night to prepare the décor, the countless hours spent perusing my local Michael’s, and the inevitable bickering between siblings suddenly melted away as I witnessed the pure happiness on my parent’s faces as they took in all that we had planned for them.

Beyond what my parents have already taught me about life and the constant struggle to be a good person and love with all of my heart….my parents have been the epitome of strength and encouragement and are a shining example of how true love can endure through sickness and health, through richer or poorer and til death do them part.

If that’s not mushy enough….I’ll leave you with this….

This morning when I went to leave to return to Sacramento and the real world, I went to kiss my Papa goodbye, he squeezed me tight and whispered in my ear, “Thank you so much for the party, I will remember it for the rest of my life.” Sigh. Gasp. Tear.

Here’s some snapshots from the awesome  day!


Our sweet little mason jar glasses
Photobucket
Photobucket
Momemntos from 30 years ago...including my Momma's Wedding To-Do List


Photobucket
Photobucket

THEEEEE most delicoso cupcakes made by Kate at Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary Journey
Photobucket
Chocolate fountain yumminess!


Photobucket

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. hey girl! Kate was just telling me about your blog and i came over to check it out!

    this post totally brought tears to my eyes. especially the part about your Papa whispering in your ear. sigh. totally teary eyed.

    anyway... i just met kate in person yesterday as hubs and i just moved to placer county! :) maybe we'll meet up sometime!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SWEET Danielle! Love the mason jars ;)

    ReplyDelete